Venture capital continues to emerge as a key financing mechanism to accelerate growth, particularly as academic spin-offs and new market entrants seek to scale in a mature water sector.
In recent years, the digitalization of the municipal water segment has attracted myriad of start-ups positioning products and services across a wide range of segments including municipal utility, industry, commercial building services, and the domestic home market. When combined, these segments account for over US$814.8 million invested by venture and private equity growth capital investors in water.
This 27-slide Data Insight, available through our Digital Water Insight service analyzes 193 venture and private equity investments– across 91 companies in 13 countries– from 2009 through Q3 2018. Analysis includes:
- Overview of Venture Funding and Private Equity in Water
- Digital Water Growth and Growth Capital Funding Trends
- Global Digital Water Venture and Growth Capital Funding by Segment (Agriculture, Domestic, Industrial/Commercial, Municipal Water)
- Growth in Venture Capital Digital Solutions for Municipal Water
- Competitive Segmentation of Water-Related Smart Home Providers
- Segmentation of Financial Players in Water
- Profiles of Financial Investors in Digital Water