U.S. Private Water Utilities: Drivers, Competitive Landscape and Acquisition Trends, 2019
Now available for purchase and Insight Service Client download.
The U.S. municipal water landscape is undergoing a transformation as critical infrastructure services—water, gas, and electricity—converge under single investor-owned utility banners. This trend is highlighted by the growing roster of diversified infrastructure service providers owning water and wastewater utilities in the U.S.
This new report provides in-depth analysis of investor-owned water utility strategies and of 517 water and wastewater system acquisitions from 2015 through 2018, including Eversource Energy’s US$1.68 billion for Aquarion Water, NW Natural’s roll-up of smaller systems in the Pacific Northwest, and Aqua America’s US$4.3 billion acquisition of People Gas.
Report sections include:
- Overarching Drivers for Private Investment in Water
- M&A Activity, Trends and Breakdown
- Mapping the Competitive Landscape
- Company Profiles Front-running IOUs, Regional IOUs, and Diversified Infrastructure Players)
Download the complete Table of Contents and List of Exhibits on the right hand side or email us at email@example.com for sample pages.
Focus Report details:
- 58-page PDF Report
- Company Market Share and Positioning
- 500+ Mergers & Acquisitions
- In-depth IOU Profiles
- State-by-State Policy Drivers
- IOU Market-based Activities
- State Rankings by market size, policy landscape, approval process, M&A activity and competitive landscape.