For table of contents, report highlights, and sample list of exhibits download the “Table of Contents.” (click to download file in the right sidebar)
About this Report
Water scarcity has become a pressing challenge in the face of population growth, climate change, and increasing water demand globally. Municipalities and operators now must evaluate alternative supply options to meet future water demand. In Europe, the need for sustainable water management solutions has been magnified by last summer’s drought and record-breaking temperatures. As a result, municipal wastewater reuse has gained significant attention across Europe.
The reuse of treated effluent from wastewater presents an opportunity to bridge the gap between water supply and demand, particularly in water-stressed regions, while providing substantial benefits for water conservation, environmental protection, and economic development. Boosted by a successful regulatory framework, Spain has emerged as a market leader for reuse, followed by France and Portugal, but other European countries are now following suit.
This Insight Report will provide a comprehensive overview of municipal wastewater reuse practices in Europe, exploring the current state of the market, technological advancements, regulatory frameworks, and growth forecasts that highlight successful implementation. By examining the experiences, lessons learned, and outlooks from various European countries, this report will highlight market opportunities by geography, technology, and application.
Report + Data Option:
Data is a key component to this Europe wastewater reuse market analysis. This related data set will be available in Bluefield’s Data Navigator platform as an add on purchase option. Select the “Report + Data” option in the drop down menu under “Report Price.” Immediate access to the related dashboard will be given upon report purchase.
Key Questions Addressed by this Report
- Which countries are leading the drive for greater wastewater reuse?
- What key factors compel countries to pursue reuse more aggressively?
- Will new EU effluent quality guidelines accelerate market development?
- Are markets moving beyond agriculture reuse toward more sophisticated schemes with higher levels of treatment?
- Which treatment technologies will capture the most market share?
- How much investment can be expected for reuse in terms of treatment, conveyance, and other technologies?
Who Should Buy this Report?
- Engineering firms
- Public and private wastewater treatment operators and utilities
- Treatment technology suppliers
- Pipe and storage solution suppliers
- Water infrastructure investors
- Wastewater reuse policymakers
- The Netherlands
- The Nordics