Charlie Suse’s year-end analysis of investor owned utilities has revealed a stabilization of M&A activity among IOUs, with a notable decrease in 2022 compared to the previous year. During this time period, Texas has emerged as a major hub for such acquisitions, and there was a significant rise in fair market value (FMV) deals, indicating a streamlining of the regulatory process.
Key questions asked, include:
- What were the most active states for IOU acquisitions in 2022?
- Who were the most aggressive buyers in the IOU space in 2022?
- How are FMV policies impacting the characteristics of IOU deals?
- Can you tell us about the community in Arizona that has lost its water supply and how it relates to investor-owned utilities?
Reese Tisdale is joined by Private Water Analyst Charlie Suse to break down investor-owned utility M&A trends and opportunities in the water sector.
Related Research & Analysis
- U.S. Private Water: Key Trends, M&A Activity, and Market Outlook, Q1 2023
- Investor-Owned Water Utilities: M&A, Market Share, and Competitive Strategies