Mae Stevens, Chair of the Water Practice at Banner Public Affairs, delivers a terrific interview discussing some of the ins and outs of Capitol Hill, unpacking the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, and providing tips to ensure the water sector gets its due from Congress.
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- Mae’s background on The Hill and in water policy
- The Congressional aide program and quick tips on how to get a job on The Hill
- The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (i.e., IIJA, the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, or BIL)
- How SRF funding levels have been increased
- The new water funding programs created by the BIL
- Why the BIL is just a drop in the bucket of needed water infrastructure funding
- How to keep water infrastructure top of mind with legislators and the general public
- The difference between “authorized” versus “appropriated” funding
- The challenges and opportunities as BIL funding gets rolled out
- Why legislators need to hear your voice!
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!