Austin Alexander, Vice President of Sustainability and Social Impact at Xylem, lays out key features of Xylem’s new report, Net Zero: The Race We All Win. Austin delves into simple ways to start on the path to net zero and enhancers to achieve net zero in the water industry. Plus, Reese Tisdale joins us for another Bluefield on Tap segment talking desalination.
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- Austin’s journey to the water sector (it started in middle school!)
- Austin’s work on decarbonizing the water sector
- Xylem’s new report, Net Zero: The Race We All Win
- Why net zero is not a scary term
- How to take the first step toward net zero
- Simple strategies utilities can take to reduce their carbon footprint
- Easy ways to integrate decarbonization into capital planning
- How to use what you have smarter
- How most electric related emissions can be reduced 50% at cost savings or at least cost savings
- Strategies for making the net zero story tangible to decision makers and the public
- Examples of utilities around the world that are experiencing success and making progress toward net zero
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!