Global Smart Water Update: Market Trends, Competitive Shifts, & Project Activity
Bluefield Research is optimistic about the scaling opportunities for smart water globally. As a result, our team of water experts is tracking market drivers and strategies shaping this growing market.
Smart water project announcements in the second half of 2016 were driven by utility responses to water scarcity and non-revenue water, regulatory compliance, and vendor M&A to consolidate value chain positions. Anglian Water, Thames Water, and Yorkshire Water continue to drive operational efficiencies with smart solution procurement. Xylem’s acquisitions of Sensus and Visenti demonstrate the growing confidence larger water companies are placing on water data and analytics management.
In this Data Insight, Bluefield water experts analyze:
- Global Smart Water Project Trends by Country
- Global Smart Water Value Chain
- Key Utility Accounts for Smart Water Solution Providers
- M&A Shaping the Smart Water Landscape
- U.S. to lead smart water rollouts globally
- At the industry forefront, UK smart water procurement shows most contract awards for leakage management, network monitoring, and network management contracts.
- M&A activity led by Xylem-Sensus deal.