An all-star panel of water leaders participate in a roundtable discussion about what happened in the year that was 2021 and provide insights on what 2022 might hold for the water sector.
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- Each panelist’s takeaways from 2021
- Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) funding issues
- Why the IIJA needs to be a “down payment” on our infrastructure rather than a one-time investment
- Why our panelists are worried about small and medium sized utilities
- How larger utilities can help small and medium sized utilities
- Why access to infrastructure funds need to be simplified
- How we can help our communities understand water’s role in building our communities
- How historic underinvestment in infrastructure has and is manifesting itself
- How affordability took on an even bigger role in 2021
- Innovation and the role of technology for utilities moving forward
- Our panelists’ favorite holiday traditions
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!