An all-star panel of water experts discusses what happened with water in 2020 and provides a glimpse into what they expect 2021 will look like. Cathy Bailey, Executive Director of the Greater Cincinnati Department of Waterworks, Al Cho, Vice President and General Manager at Xylem, and Debra Coy, Executive in Residence at XPV Water Partners, collaborate to provide you with their insights into the water industry.
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- The panel’s insights into how COVID really impacted the water sector
- How lessons from the last recession played into how utilities dealt with COVID and the financial dip early on in 2020
- How the pandemic affected water equity
- Thoughts on regionalism, collaboration, and consolidation
- A look at what the water landscape might look like under the Biden Administration, including regulations and potential for water investments
- And of course, in keeping with tradition, find out what movies our panelists are going to watch this holiday season!
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
- TWV #160: The Year in Water 2019 with Jeff Kightlinger, Sielen Namdar and Reese Tisdale
- TWV #170: Digitally Enabled Utility Resilience with Xylem’s Albert Cho
- TWV #019: What Are the Important Issues in Water Finance? With Debra Coy
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!