Alyson Watson, CEO of Woodard & Curran, delivers a tour de force performance explaining why the water industry needs a fresh approach to delivering services and advocating for an outcome based contracting approach focused on trust and empathy.
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- Alyson’s background as a “water brat”
- Alyson’s perspective on the prevailing mode of project delivery
- Why shifting to an outcome based approach makes more sense
- How risk can be shifted to the private sector to facilitate an outcome based approach
- What needs to happen to shift to an outcome based approach
- Why trust is key to this outcome based approach
- How empathy factors into the trust equation
- How water leaders can foster outcome based contracting in their organizations
- Several case studies that demonstrate the benefits of outcome based contracting
- How outcome based approaches might have ancillary benefits, such as employee retention
- Alyson’s ideas to foster collaboration in the water industry
- How outcome based approaches and collaboration can help combat climate change
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!