Water for Power: Market Trends, Opportunities & Forecasts, 2019-2028
The electric power sector, which represents 41% of U.S. water withdrawals, is proceeding with its fuel-switching transformation, sparked by a mix of economic drivers, climate change, and fuel options. These structural shifts have contributed to an evolving landscape in which water technology and service providers are finding opportunities.
This Market Insight frames the long term trends, regulatory environment, and outlook for water-related investment in power, including:
- The Current Power Landscape
- Recent EPA Regulations
- Power Sector Water Demand
- Share of Power Plants Using Reclaimed Water
- Power Players Planning Capacity Additions
- US Water-related Natural Gas Combined Cycle CAPEX Forecast, 2019-2028 (also available by Region)
More Water & Power analysis from Bluefield.