Available with corporate subscription
The U.S. pulp and paper industry collectively withdrew 814 million gallons or .06% of water in 2016 – of which approximately 70% is surface water. Historically characterized by high water intensity, the pulp and paper industry has a minimal water footprint relative to other industries.
Throughout the sector, companies have committed to substantial reductions in water use and effluent discharges, driven largely to environmental compliance and a push to reduce OPEX.
In this Data Insight, Bluefield Water experts analyze:
- Projected Industry Water Use to 2025
- Key Companies and Water Management Policies
- Wastewater Treatment Technologies and Trends
- Water Usage Process Breakdown
- Includes access to data appendix of pulp and paper companies, pulp and paper mills by state, and water use.