Underground Infrastructure: U.S. Water & Wastewater Pipe Network Forecast, 2019-2028
New Focus Report just released. (Report included with US & Canada Municipal Insight service subscription).
More than US$234 billion of capital expenditures (CAPEX) are forecasted over the next decade to address aging municipal water & wastewater pipe network infrastructure. Precipitated by decades of underinvestment, municipal utilities are under increasing pressure to address deteriorating linear assets at a faster pace.
This Focus Report forecasts the capital expenditures (CAPEX) and factors shaping the rehabilitation, replacement, and new build across an existing network of 3.2 million miles of linear assets.
- Ten-year Annual CAPEX Forecast
- Forecast Methodology & Assumptions
- Pipes by Material Type & Diameter
- Network Hardware: Valves, Fittings, Hydrants, Manholes
- State-by-State Geographic Segmentation
- Market Drivers & Shifts
(e.g. Housing Starts, Population)
KEY QUESTIONS ADDRESSED
- What factors drive replacement, rehabilitation, and greenfield network CAPEX?
- How are U.S. pipe distribution & collection networks segmented, geographically?
- What are the emerging trends and market disruptors?
- Which pipe materials will gain market-share over the next decade?
- How are associated hardware impacted by network growth?