This Data Insight, U.S. Investor Owned Utilities: M&A Developments, Update 2015, analyzes deal activity from 2013 to 2015. Regulated investor-owned utility (IOU) dealmaking has increased during this period, driven by a combination of ongoing corporate M&A strategies, improving investment climate, and municipal financing gaps. Bluefield details the impacts of these deals on company positions and strategies being deployed relative to their peers.
This Data Insight highlights the following:
- Quarterly analysis of 83 transactions
- Breakdown of M&A activity by state
- Analysis of transactions sizes by customers and value
- Deal type assessment – Large-scale, Mid-size, or Tuck-In
- Breakdown of assets acquired and by Seller Type
- IOU rankings by recent deals