Climate-related issues—notably, persistent drought—and financial strains marked by rising capital costs and frozen tariffs significantly impact the water industry globally. Governments, utilities, investors, and other stakeholders navigate these complexities with a focus on securing funding, leveraging technical know-how, and implementing effective measures to address the industry’s multifaceted challenges.
As municipalities, regulators, and vendors coexist globally in both emerging and mature markets, Bluefield’s team of water experts tracks changes in business strategies, technology adoptions, infrastructure investments, and policies to measure the implications for global market outlooks and forecasts.
In this Quarterly Review:
- Water bills are increasing across the world
- Water digitalization is one click away
- Extreme weather events around the world heighten economic volatility and insurability
- Wastewater optimization is underway in Europe
- The Middle East region is initiating comprehensive, multiyear initiatives to safeguard its water resources