Sai Allavarpu, Xylem’s Chief Digital Officer, shares his vast knowledge of how other industries have made the digital transformation and how the water sector can learn from that prior experience. Sai also elaborates on how digital solutions can solve utility challenges that analog attempts simply cannot solve and much, much more.
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- Sai’s background in digital transformations from the financial, telecom, aerospace, health and other sectors
- Sai’s observations on what the water sector can learn from other sectors digital transformations
- How other highly regulated industries successfully navigated digital transformations
- Sai’s perspective on why the health care sector took the digital leap before the water sector
- The challenges facing the water market that only digital solutions can solve
- Why digital solutions can solve those challenges
- How digital solutions can aid talent attraction and retention
- What challenges water utilities need to overcome to adopt digital solutions
- How utilities can start down the road to digital transformation
- Why avoiding silos of data, IT infrastructure and applications is so important
- Concrete examples of how digital solutions have helped utilities save money
- How different sized utilities can take advantage of digitalization
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
Ripple Effect: A Movement Towards Digital Transformation
Bluefield was pleased to collaborate with Xylem on this White Paper. View the full White Paper and its associated resources here.
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!