Eastern Municipal Water District (Eastern) General Manager, Joe Mouawad, provides a fantastic discussion of Eastern’s Purified Groundwater Replenishment Program and its attendant benefits, as well as a discussion about water usage and water efficiency in Eastern’s service area.
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- Joe’s background in water and path to Eastern’s General Manager position
- Eastern’s water resource portfolio
- Eastern’s brackish groundwater desalination program
- Eastern’s customer growth and how Eastern has creatively reused water
- Eastern’s Purified Groundwater Replenishment Program
- The groundwater infiltration and aquifer recharge process and cycle
- The climate extremes driving Eastern’s water resource portfolio diversification
- The federal and state support for the groundwater purification project
- How the aquifer recharge supports groundwater resources throughout the entire basin
- How the Water Master administers and improves the basin’s groundwater resources
- The groundwater replacement program’s impact on subsidence and energy usage
- Water efficiency measures adopted by Eastern
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!