Bluefield water experts get into the hot topic of natural disasters and related water & wastewater infrastructure management. Since 1980 the number of these disasters has steadily increased. From 1980 to 2019, the U.S has sustained 258 climate-related events. These resource-intensive events include hurricanes, flooding, winter storms, and wildfires which bring on more acute challenges for cities and municipalities.
In this podcast:
- Big picture risks to water utilities and the implications of a failure to the power grid
- Workforce and crisis management and contingency plans
- Critical institutional knowledge and workforce redundancies
- Mission-critical communications strategies
- Learning from past disaster-related damage to water resources and assets
- Bluefield’s take on preparedness