Water industry veteran and Association of State Drinking Administrators (ASDWA) Executive Director Alan Roberson discusses the big issues facing the water sector from a state regulatory perspective. Plus, Reese Tisdale joins us for a Bluefield on Tap segment.
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- What ASDWA is
- ASDWA’s membership
- The priorities in 2022 for state drinking water regulators
- Why the Lead and Copper Rule is the most complex regulation to administer
- How the Lead and Copper Rule interplays with the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act and the service line inventory periods
- How state drinking water administrators view compliance and enforcement
- ASDWA’s perspective on PFAS
- How PFAS regulation might unfold
- How ASDWA interfaces with the U.S. EPA
- How ASDWA looks at cybersecurity for drinking water systems
- How ASDWA views the upcoming funding from the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!