RCAP CEO Olga Morales-Pate discusses RCAP’s mission serving rural communities, highlights the needs and challenges of small rural communities and utility systems, and provides insightful commentary on how projects in small, rural communities achieve success and sustainability.
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- Olga’s background in the water sector serving rural communities
- The Rural Community Assistance Partnership’s mission for the last 50 years
- How RCAP helps small rural utilities and communities
- RCAP’s history and connection with the Clean Water Act and the Safe Drinking Water Act
- How technical assistance providers diagnose a utility’s needs
- How RCAP ensures the project for the community fits the community’s needs
- How RCAP is funded
- How RCAP helps communities develop the capacity to undertake and manage projects
- Some of the challenges affecting small systems
- Olga’s terrific insights on regionalization
- Why Olga thinks small systems need to embrace change even though change is uncomfortable
- Olga’s views on why we need to invest in human capital and how RCAP can bring solutions to rural America over the next 50 years
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!