Jim Schlaman, Black & Veatch’s Director of Planning and Water Resources, provides a fascinating peek behind the curtain on the latest thinking on climate change planning and adaptation.
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- The current state of climate change adaption and resilience planning
- Why climate change planning is not a theoretical conversation anymore
- Why coastal utilities are on the front lines of climate change
- How a utility can get started with climate change planning
- Why a vulnerability assessment is the building block for utility planning
- Why digitalization is important not just for technical planning but also for justification to the community
- A trove of information Black & Veatch gleaned from its Strategic Direction report and underlying survey of utilities
- Why Jim is optimistic about water utilities rising to the climate change plan
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!