Global and national water market perspectives available free to online registrants
A presentation by Bluefield President Reese Tisdale at the Invest H20 Conference in Austin, Texas. This presentation analyzes key trends across global and national water markets, including:
- Population growth will place additional pressure on utility infrastructure, demanding greenfield capacity additions to keep pace.
- Aging water infrastructure in the Northeast and Midwest underpin the regions’ higher rehabilitation costs
- Increasing demand for alternative water supplies, including wastewater reuse and desalination, add to scaling needs for system upgrades
- The smart water value chain is undergoing significant change through M&A and increasing competition for positions in managing data and analytics for utilities
- Planned reuse capacity totals 8.4 million m3/d with anticipated CAPEX surpassing US$14.7 billion
- Investment in water treatment in the hydraulic fracturing sector is expected to total US$1.0 billion between 2016 and 2020