U.S. Private Water Utilities: Market Trends, Strategies, and Opportunities, 2016
Private water utilities, currently accounting for 15% of the U.S. water market, are poised to take on a much greater role. Deteriorating water infrastructure is putting pressure on municipalities and public water utilities to lean more heavily on private participation, including management contracts, public-private partnerships, and asset sales.
This new report analyzes the expanding role of private water utilities in the U.S. market — identifying key trends, evaluating strategies, and assessing opportunities.
Report contents include:
- Section 1: US Municipal Water Landscape
- Section 2: State Market Trends
- Section 3: Investor-Owned Utility Market Landscape
- Section 4: Strategic Trends in M&A
- Section 5: Organic Growth Strategies
- Section 6: Public-Private Partnerships
- Section 7: Company Profiles: Top 25 U.S. Private Water Utilities
- Data Appendix (xlsx) featuring state-level metrics, utility data, and M&A data
Key questions addressed in U.S. Private Water Utilities: Market Trends, Strategies and Opportunities:
- How is M&A activity reshaping private water market-share?
- Which states and regions are most attractive for investment?
- What are the most effective utility growth strategies?
- Which players are adjusting strategies to address new industry verticals and geographies?
- How has the private water market changed over the last few years and how will the market evolve over the next ten?
Who should buy this report:
- Utility companies needing to understand market forces and evaluate their strategies.
- Financial institutions requiring independent, unbiased analysis of the U.S. investor-owned utility market and key drivers for growth.
- Equipment suppliers seeking insights into the strategies of private utility companies.
- Investors looking to scale their asset portfolios and identify opportunities in U.S. water markets.
- Technology providers targeting private water asset owners for acquisition or partnership.