U.S. Municipal Wastewater Reuse: Project Pipeline and Market Forecast, 2016-2026
This latest insight provides an update to the municipal wastewater reuse investment forecast published in Bluefield’s June 2015 report U.S. Municipal Wastewater & Reuse: Market Trends, Opportunities and Forecasts, 2015-2025. Bluefield tracks over 607 municipal reuse projects in various stages of development across the U.S.
Bluefield forecasts 10 million m3/d of reuse capacity additions between 2016 and 2026, accounting for over US$11 billion of total capital investment. California has the strongest market outlook with 3.7 million m3/d of capacity additions, totaling US$4.3 billion of forecasted investment. This will propel California past Florida as the largest municipal wastewater reuse market in the U.S.
In this update, Bluefield forecasts:
- US Reuse Market Attractiveness Drivers
- Installed Reuse Capacity by State
- Planned Reuse Project and Timeline
- Types of Planned Reuse Projects
- Recent Policy Changes
- State by State Analysis
These reuse market forecasts are available to Bluefield Insight clients. Contact us to learn more about becoming Bluefield client.
- California has the strongest market outlook with 3.7 million m3/d of capacity additions, totaling US$4.3 billion of forecasted investment that will propel it past Florida as the largest municipal wastewater reuse market in the U.S.
- Colorado released its first state-wide water plan in November 2015, outlining 51 planned reuse projects.
- Potable reuse projects– direct and indirect– are gaining momentum with 2.6 million m3/d in capacity additions accounting for US$2.9 billion investment in advanced treatment technology solutions.