U.S. Investor-Owned Utilities Quarterly M&A Update
Latest update on mergers and acquisitions for Investor-Owned Utilities
Bluefield analyzes deal activity for investor-owned utilities from 2013 to date in 2016. More than US$384 million of IOU acquisitions across 20 deals have been completed so far in 2016. This year is already on track to surpass 2015 value of deals by more than US$200 million.
This quarterly update highlights the following:
- IOU Acquisitions (1Q 2013-2Q 2016)
- Pending Private Water M&A Deals
- Completed Deals (Deal Value, Deal Size, Acquirer)
This update builds on Bluefield’s ongoing analysis of the US private water sector and our new report – US Private Water Utilities: Market Trends, Strategies & Opportunities, 2016.
- Year-over-year M&A activity by US private water players keeps pace in 2016.
- Deal activity continues to center on a core group of states, but recent deal flow and policy signals indicate further expansion.
- Looking ahead, 2016 is on track to exceed 2015 activity in total deal value.