The digital water revolution is here. In fact, digital water spend is expected to grow more than three times as fast as the global water market, with double-digit growth for select markets and segments.
This global digital water forecast provides a comprehensive analysis of the global market for digital water hardware, software, services, and connectivity. Bluefield evaluates key market trends, drivers, and inhibitors shaping the global outlook for digital water solutions and breaks down the forecast by technology, geography, and utility size to highlight emerging pockets of opportunity. With a transparent methodology based on hundreds of bottom-up qualitative and quantitative market inputs, Bluefield’s global digital water forecast offers a highly nuanced view of the current state and future trajectory of digital adoption in the global water, wastewater, and stormwater sector.
In this global digital water forecast, Bluefield forecasts the outlook for 34 established and emerging digital water technology segments across four major categories and 45 countries to provide the complete picture of digital water market opportunities, globally.
- A series of technological, regulatory, financial, and environmental drivers are providing strong tailwinds for the global digital water market, even in the face of COVID-related supply chain disruptions, workforce volatility, and rising inflation.
- Amidst a highly fragmented landscape of more than 400,000 global water, wastewater, and stormwater utilities, digital service providers are presenting a wide range of technologies, solutions, and business models to address demand that varies by utility size and geography.
- Bluefield projects that total global digital water spend will scale at an 8.8% CAGR from US$25.9 billion in 2021 to US$55.2 billion in 2030. The 45 leading markets covered in this Insight Report account for nearly 90.0% of the 10-year, US$387.5 billion market opportunity.
Report + Data Option:
Data is a key component to this analysis. Our team has compiled relevant data dashboards available as an add on purchase option. Select the “Report + Data” option in the drop down menu under Report Price.
Digital Water Data Navigator seat holders can
access related dashboards now
- Report @ $4,500
Report available for immediate download upon purchase
- Report + Data @ $6,000
Data is a key component to this analysis. Our team has compiled relevant data dashboards available as an add on purchase option. Dashboards will be available in Bluefield’s Data Navigator platform. Select “Report + Data” option in the drop down menu under Report Price.
Report available for immediate download. Access to data dashboards provided on the same day.
Table of Contents
Report Background and Key Takeaways
Section 1. Global Digital Water Market Trends & Drivers
1.1 Global Digital Water Market Drivers & Inhibitors
1.2 Historical Digital Water Market Trends
1.3 Global Water Market Structure
1.4 Digital Water Market Maturity by Region
Section 2. Digital Water Forecast Methodology
2.1 What is Digital Water?
2.2 Digital Water Market Taxonomy
2.3 Global Markets Covered
2.4 Market Growth Drivers
2.5 Utility Tiers by Region
2.6 Utility Assets by Region
2.7 Digital Water Pricing by Utility Size
2.8 Digital Water Pricing by Market
2.9 Bluefield Digital Water Market Model Formula
Section 3. Digital Water Forecast Breakdowns
3.1 Top-Line Global Digital Water Market Opportunity
3.2 Digital Water Spend for Top 45 Global Markets
3.3 10-Year Digital Water Spend by Country
3.4 10-Year Digital Water Spend by Segment
3.5 Market Outlook by Product Type
3.6 Market Outlook by Spend Type
3.7 Market Outlook by Utility Size
3.8 10-Year Digital Water Spend by Region / Tier
3.9 Europe Market Outlook
3.10 Americas Market Outlook
3.11 Asia-Pacific Market Outlook
3.12 Middle East & Africa Market Outlook
3.13 Metering & Customer Management Market Outlook
3.14 Network & Plant Management Market Outlook
3.15 Work & Asset Management Market Outlook
3.16 Information Management Market Outlook
3.17 Looking Forward: Key Market Variables & Trends to Watch
Appendix: Digital Water Segments Defined
45 Leading Global Markets
• United States
• Czech Republic
• United Kingdom
• Hong Kong
• New Zealand
• South Korea
Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• South Africa
• United Arab Emirates
Key Questions Addressed in this Report
- What is the 10-year outlook for the global digital water market?
- What factors are driving digital water market growth, globally and by region?
- Which technologies are poised for the fastest growth by market and region?
- How do digital water market opportunities vary by utility size?
- How does digital spend break out across hardware, software, and services?
- How will emerging technological, regulatory, financial, and environmental shifts impact the outlook for digital water?