U.S. Nitrate Pollution: Identifying the Market for Biological Treatment Solutions
There are over 1,700 community drinking water systems that have had measured violations of nitrate levels in the past three years. The biggest barrier to implementation of biological nitrate removal systems is the current regulatory environment.
While only a handful of companies are currently commercializing biological treatment for nitrate removal, the total addressable market for biological removal of nitrate is sizable.
In this Market Insight, Bluefield water experts analyze:
- Geographic Distribution of Nitrate-Contaminated Water Systems
- Nitrate Concentration in Major Aquifers
- Top States by Community Water Systems with Nitrate Violations
- Scale of Communities Impacted by Nitrate Contamination
- Regulatory Environment Surrounding Biodenitrification
- Treatment Technologies for Nitrate Removal