Operating expenditures (OPEX) for municipal utilities in the U.S. are forecasted to surpass US$1.06 trillion over the next decade to address growing demands on water & wastewater services and infrastructure assets. Bluefield Research’s in-depth analyses of utility budgets, historical trends, and pandemic-related disruptions signal a potential US$57.5 billion change over the forecast period comparing the Pre-pandemic Outlook and the Current COVID Perspective.
This report is aimed at helping utilities, investors, and vendors quantitatively understand the market size, future opportunities, and business risks associated with utility operations and services.
These data-backed insights developed by Bluefield’s team of water experts provide:
- Decision makers with a 10-year market outlook supported by a transparent research methodology and assumptions for water & wastewater segments.
- Utility stakeholders with key benchmarks against which they can compare their own expenditures by geography and system size.
This OPEX Report contains tons of useful, detailed data and qualitative insights into key trends. It’s a great resource to have on hand for business planning.”
–Lauren Anderson, ENV SVP, Market Research & Corporate Sustainability Analyst, Woodard & Curran
- Ten-Year Forecast for municipal water & wastewater
- Segmenting spend by 12 budget categories
- Analysis of recessionary impacts on OPEX
- Forecasted utility spend by size, geography, water versus wastewater, consecutive versus nonconsecutive systems
- Key drivers influencing allocation of operating funds