The EPA has issued 91 consent decrees for municipal violations of the Clean Water Act since 1998, driving investment in sewer and stormwater infrastructure. Of these consent decrees, systems in 10 states account for the bulk of the US$51.6 billion in total Clean Water Act compliance costs.
In this Data Insight, Bluefield Water experts analyze
- Consent Decree Issuances and Costs by Sewer System Type
- Per Capita Investment for Top U.S. Utilities
- Geographic Distribution of Outstanding Consent Decrees
- Top Projects by Outstanding Compliance Cost and System Type
- List and Details of Consent Decrees