Do Fair Market Value Policies Drive Water & Wastewater Utility Acquisitions?
Since 2015, Bluefield has tracked approximately 130 system acquisitions, annually, of which only a share have been executed using Fair Market Value (FMV). It is evident from the data that the states and their respective policies are not created equal in terms of asset ownership, size, and regulator experience. They do, however, present a foundation for growth in utility M&A that is already being exhibited in select states.
In this Market Insight:
- FMV adoption and timeline
- State ranking of FMV opportunities
- Leading IOU service territories
- Key policy differences between states
- Mapping deal flow, geographically
- FMV movers & shakers