Kendall Dix, National Policy Director for the Gulf Coast Center for Law & Policy, comes on to discuss his recent article for the People’s Policy Center advocating for elimination of water rates.
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- Kendall’s background
- Why Kendall wrote his article advocating for elimination of residential water rates
- Why residential water rates are typically regressive
- Why Kendall believes water usage is inelastic
- How Kendall proposes to replace water utility revenues
- How Ireland essentially is already doing this
- Why Kendall believes the relationship between water availability/shortages and water rates support his view that water rates should be eliminated
- How to overcome the public’s reticence to pay more taxes
- Kendall’s perspective on how his proposal applies to investor-owned utilities
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
- Kendall’s LinkedIn profile
- Kendall’s Twitter handle: @kendix
- Link to Kendall’s article: Water For All
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!