Greg Quist, CEO of SmartCover Systems, listened to his customers 15 years ago and developed a highly successful smart sewer solution. Greg joins us do discuss how the SmartCover technology works, his thoughts on change in the utility industry, listening to customers, developing enhancements to the core produce, and much more.
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- How SmartCover Systems was born
- What CSOs (combined sewer overflows) and SSOs (sanitary sewer overflows) are
- Difference between how SSO systems and CSO systems are designed
- How regulation and regulatory policy drove the need for SmartCover’s product
- Why listening to your customers is so important, especially when developing new solutions
- How smart sewers save money in both capital costs and O&M expenses
- How SmartCover has continued to adapt and what the next generation of sensors will be monitoring for
- Why incrementalism is the key to achieving successful change
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
- Greg’s LinkedIn page
- SmartCover Systems’ LinkedIn page
- SmartCover Systems’ website
- TWV #130: A Contractor’s Practical Thoughts on Sewer OverflowsThank You!
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Castbox, and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!