Mining has emerged as a key industrial market for global water solutions providers. Bluefield Research forecasts the annual water treatment market for hard-rock mining (i.e., iron, copper, gold, nickel) to grow 85 percent over the next five years, from roughly US$9 billion in 2014 to US$17 billion by 2019. Bluefield developed this Market Insight to help industry decision-makers identify new opportunities.
This Market Insight highlights:
- An in-depth analysis of planned global hard-rock mining activity by mine, mining company, mineral, and US$ investment.
- A five-year forecast (2014–2019) of the global hard-rock mining sector’s water demand by region and mineral type.
- A five-year forecast (2014–2019) of the global hard-rock mining sector’s water & wastewater treatment investment.
- Profiles of key water technology equipment and service providers active in the global water for mining sector, including mining revenue rankings of construction & design firms.
- Profiles of leading mining companies and rankings of revenues per m3 water.
- Mining company water withdrawals, recycled water use (m3), costs and efficiency ratios.
This report also analyzes water solutions for copper, gold, nickel, and iron ore, which represent more than 88% of planned hard-rock mining investments worldwide.
In this presentation Bluefield Research analyst, Erin Bonney Casey, talks about Water Solutions for Global Mining: Competition, Costs & Demand Outlook, 2014–2019 below.