Pennsylvania continues to set the pace for recycling produced water for fracking in the Marcellus shale, with more than 60% of the 25 million barrels stored and treated for multiple applications. At the close of 2016, reported wastewater production from Pennsylvania’s 6,538 permitted wells declined 54% to 11.8 million barrels from a historical high of 25 million barrels in the second half of 2014.
Bluefield has identified 25 companies treating the lion’s share of produced water for disposal and reuse from Pennsylvania’s Marcellus Shale. Our analysis ranks well operators and centralized produced water treatment facilities by wastewater volumes.
In this Data Insight, Bluefield water experts analyze:
- Pennsylvania’s Active Wells and Wastewater Production
- Wastewater Disposal Methods
- Fracking Activity by County and by Volume
- Pennsylvania Operator Wastewater Disposal Methods
- Top 25 Well Operators by Disposal Method