Bluefield’s team of water experts tracks changes in business strategy, technology adoption, infrastructure investment, and policy to measure the implications for market outlooks and forecasts. This quarterly analysis highlights key trends in policy, mergers & acquisitions, project development, and strategic shifts impacting municipal water, wastewater, and stormwater infrastructure investment in the U.S. and Canada.
In this Quarterly Review:
- The U.S. municipal water sector continues to see new infusions of infrastructure funding from the IIJA and state funding programs
- EPA takes first-of-a-kind action on PFAS
- The 7th Drinking Water Infrastructure Needs Survey and Assessment draws attention to prevalence of LSLs across the U.S.
- Federal government continues progress with IIJA funding rollout.
- Canadian federal government unveils 2023 budget with no new, major funds for essential community infrastructure.
- California, Arizona, and Nevada have coalesced around a plan to voluntarily conserve river water.
- Relative to previous years, M&A activity in the water sector is down