Bluefield Research offers custom consulting services to vendors, utilities, and investors requiring tailored guidance to address municipal & industrial opportunities in water, wastewater, and stormwater.
We do not start from scratch.
Consulting engagements draw from Bluefield’s existing, data-backed market knowledge, access to a network of industry professionals, and ongoing analysis of business strategies and water market trends through our Insight Services.
We recognize that our clients have options– from doing it yourself to relying in consulting generalists– but we firmly believe that our dedicated focus on the broader water sector, coupled with a transparent research methodology, accelerate answers to client questions.
Who uses our consulting services?
It is no secret that scaling interest in the water sector is attracting a number of potential market entrants from the financial, energy, and information & technology sectors, to name a few.
At the same time, key decision-makers at established utilities, engineering firms and hardware & technology vendors are seeking ways to validate and enhance their current strategies in specific geographies, industry verticals and better understand their competitive landscapes.
How are projects structured?
Project timelines typically range from two weeks to three months, depending on an agreed-upon scope and methodology. We encourage a phased approach, in which key milestones– workshops and communications– are incorporated into the workflow. This allows clients to stay abreast of the project activities and to adjust to new findings when needed.
Select Project References
- Smart water strategy & product deployment support for a major water utility group. Demand forecast, business case driver assessment, strategy recommendations with a focus on Southern European public water utilities for a major utility operator with a portfolio of non-revenue water reduction products including AMI metering, network management software.
- M&A support for company investment into nutrient treatment solutions provider. Deep-dive analysis of federal, state, and local policies shaping advanced wastewater treatment for nutrient removal– ammonia, phosphorus, nitrogen, BOD and TSS– for municipal clients.
- Forecast market opportunities for micropollutant treatment technologies. Assess the maturity of selected micropollutant treatment markets for large, technology & services provider to identify development opportunities for client to deploy its technology solutions.
- Australian market evaluation of stormwater & wastewater network. Voice of the customer interviews covering network instrumentation, event and asset management, and compliance implications.
- Due diligence for private equity firm investing in Permian Basin water pipeline. Developed methodology and forecasted for firm evaluating six counties in the Permian longer-term market evaluation.
- Addressable market analysis for critical infrastructure services provider (e.g. electric power, energy, transportation, telecom) to identify potential municipal water & wastewater asset overlap with existing footrprint . Analysis of potentially distressed assets and acquisition opportunities in targeted geographies for executive management team’s strategic planning.
- Competitor benchmarking, market demand analysis for a global engineering, procurement, commissioning (EPC) design firm. Analysis of competitive landscape and analysis of drivers and inhibitors for EPC services contracts in United Kingdom and Southeast Asia, municipal, mining, oil & gas, power industry verticals.
- Demystifying Intelligent Water: Creating a human-centric future with artificial intelligence and predictive analytics. A white paper developed and written in collaboration with client to address key challenges facing utilities– affordability and resiliency.